(In your own words, summarize passages into sentences. Goal of 12 – 15 sentences)
1. v1-3 Jude greets those who are called, loved and kept for Jesus by God, urging his friends to contend for the faith of God’s holy people.
2. v4-6 Beware of the ungodly among you who are condemned and who are perverting the grace of God into something endorsing immoral behaviors and deny the deity and sovereignty of Christ and that though the Lord delivered his people and destroyed those who did not believe, He also will bind the angels for judgment and who did not keep their positions serving as examples of God’s punishment.
3. v7-10 Just like Sodom and Gomorrah gave themselves over to disobedience, sexual immorality and perversion, the ungodly pollute their own bodies, reject authority and slander whatever they do not understand; even the archangel Michael did not himself dare to condemn him (Moses) by slander.
4. v11-13 Woe to those who follow Cain’s way of anger; woe to those who follow Balaam in greed and woe to those who follow after Korah in envy, woe to these who are a part of the congregation but do not believe for they are like clouds without rain, wild waves and wandering stars without purpose.
5. v14-16 Enoch prophesied that the Lord and his holy ones will come to judge and convict the ungodly and their acts, those that follow their own evil desires.
6. v17-19 Remember what the apostles told that in the last times will be unbelievers who do not have the Holy Spirit who are among us who will try and divide by following their own sinful desires.
7. v20-23 Strengthen yourselves in your faith, praying in the Spirit, keeping yourselves in God’s love and be merciful to those who doubt and save those from eternal hell and hate sin.
8. v24-25 Give God, our savior, glory, majesty, power and authority who is able to keep us from stumbling.
(Summarize main groupings of thoughts. Goal of 2, 3 or 4 divisions. ID passages covered)
I. Beware of evil in your midst even as you experience God’s love.
Application: Who will you share of God’s love this week?
Application: How will you guard yourself and the church from false teachers?
II. Be on guard as to why believers stray from God’s love.
Application: How will strengthen your walk with Christ this week?
Application: Who can you encourage in their Christian walk this week?
III. Be strengthened yourself as you stay in God’s love.
Application: If insanity is defines as doing the same this over again expecting different results, what will you do differently this week in following Christ?
(Summarizing the Divisions into one sentence):
Staying in God’s love strengthens us in our Christian walk.
(A main teaching point for the overall study of the passages):
To cause the audience to stay in God’s Word, pray in the Spirit and look for Christ’s coming.