(In your own words, summarize passages into sentences. Goal of 12 – 15 sentences)
1. Genesis 1:26 – 28 God created creatures, and, Man in His own image, both male and female, to rule over all other creatures of this world, and encouraged all to be both fruitful and multiply and subdue the earth.
2. Genesis 1:29 – 2:1 God gave every seed bearing plant, including trees, for our food and to all the animals of the world he gave every green plant for food, and saw that it was good, ending the sixth day.
3. Genesis 2:2 – 4 God rested on the 7th day from his work, blessing the 7th day making it holy because on it he rested from the work of creation, thus completing the account of the God’s creation of earth and the heavens.
4. Genesis 2:5 – 7 Now no plants had sprung up yet, but stream welled up from the earth and watered the surface from which God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into man’s nostrils the breath of life thus becoming a living being.
5. Genesis 2:8 – 9 When God had planted a garden, in Eden, made of all kinds of trees pleasing to both the eye and for food, and planted the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, then put man in the midst of the garden.
6. Genesis 2:10 – 14 God placed a river to water the garden which flowing from Eden becoming four headwaters for the Pishon (passes thru Havilah where there is gold), the Gihon (which winds thru Cush), the Tigris (which runs thru east side of Ashur, and the Euphrates.
7. Genesis 2:15 – 17 When God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it, He commanded him, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”
8. Genesis 2:18, 20b – 22 God saw that man should have a helper so caused the man to sleep and while sleeping took a rib from the man and then miraculously fashioned a woman from it and brought her to him, to which the man said ““This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.”
9. Genesis 2:19 – 20a When God had made all the animals, and all the birds, He brought them all to the man for naming.
10. Genesis 2:24 God declares that a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.
11. Genesis 2:25 Adam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.
(Summarize main groupings of thoughts. Goal of 2, 3 or 4 divisions. ID passages covered)
1. Genesis 1:26 – 2:7 God completes His creation with the creation of man.
Application: How have you been affected spiritually by the study of creation?
2. Genesis 2:8-17 God creates a perfect garden for man to dwell in; and issues warning about disobedience.
Application: How would you describe yourself as a steward of what God has placed in your care?
3. Genesis 2:18 – 25 God creates a perfect helpmate for man creating marriage.
Application: Clothed or not, how would you feel standing before the God almighty, creator of heaven and earth?
(Summarizing the Divisions into one sentence – ten words or less):
God’s capstone of creation: garden, man, woman and wise warning.
(A main teaching point for the overall study of the passages):
To cause the audience to live lives worthy of the time and attention to detail that God has placed on our lives.